I’m a graphic designer, illustrator, and science communicator. I specialise in Visual Science Communication, bringing together science communication with graphic design and illustration to create engaging, accessible, and understandable resources for various audiences. My work includes illustrations, scientific figures, infographics, reports, visual abstracts, logos, + more. If you’re in need of someone to help make your work more understandable and visual, get in touch! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My background is centred around environmental science, education, art, and heritage. I hold an MSc in Environmental Sustainability from University College Dublin and BA in Art History and English from the University of California, Santa Barbara. I have five years of experience in research, five years experience in teaching children, and a year’s experience in museum work.
- Dozier, A.E., Straw, E., Stanley, D. [In review] Systematic review of cuckoo bumblebee research reveals data gaps and understudied species. Insect Conservation and Diversity.
- Lawrence, P.J., Evans, A.J., Jackson-Bué, T., Brooks, P.R., Crowe, T.P., Dozier, A.E., Jenkins, S.R., Moore, P.J., Williams, G.R., and Davies, A.J. (2021) Artificial shorelines lack natural structural complexity across scales. Proceedings of The Royal Society B 288:1951. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2021.0329
- Evans, A.J., Lawrence, P.J., Natanzi, A.S., Moore, P.J., Davies, A.J., Crowe, T.P., McNally, C., Thompson, B., Dozier, A.E., Brooks, P.R. (2021). Replicating natural topography on marine artificial structures – A novel approach to eco-engineering. Ecological Engineering 160. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S092585742030392X
- Kopke, K., Black, J. and Dozier, A. (2019). Stepping out of the Ivory Tower for Ocean Literacy. Frontiers in Marine Science, 6, (60). DOI:10.3389/fmars.2019.00060
- Kopke K., Dozier A., McGrane P., Delory E., Merchant N. and Sutton G. (2020). JONAS 1st Online Underwater Noise Workshop - Event Summary & Participant Recommendations. Joint Framework for Ocean Noise in the Atlantic Seas (JONAS) project, co-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the INTERREG Atlantic Area Programme. Available at jonasproject.eu.
- Visual Science Communication: Graphic Design Principles, Tips, and Resources for Scientists. Training workshop provided to 10 researchers at the Stanley Ecology Lab (23 May 2022) and to 35 researchers at MaREI, the SFI Centre for Energy, Climate, and Marine (15 June 2022).
- Communicating Underwater Noise within the JONAS Project. JONAS & JOMOPANS Final Conference. 9 June 2022. Watch on YouTube.
"The Value of Visual Science Communication”. COMMOCEAN 2020. 1 December 2020. Watch on YouTube.
Design Diplomacy, Helsinki Design Week. Presented and participated in a guided discussion with Laura Koivunen-Niemi as part of the Design Diplomacy series. 11 September 2019.
“Why Visual Communication Matters”. Poster presentation at SCI:COM 2019. 11 December 2019.
- Recipient of the 'Better World' .eu Web Award for website content, ecostructureproject.eu
- Recipient of a Special Commendation at .eu Web Awards for Artistic Creativity for www.jonasproject.eu